LCC Tennis Guidelines
May 17, 2020
The following tennis rules have been enacted to maintain social distancing and safe play while allowing members to get some exercise and take part in the tennis season. They are based on USTA guidelines and CT phase 1 reopening.
Court Reservations & Preparing to play:
– Do not play if you are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Reservations are for 1 ½ hour slots. Members are asked to be punctual for court time. If a member is over 15 minutes late, the court will be made available for others to play. Reservations are made via on-line system.
- Arrive as close as possible to your booked court time. Please be mindful not to congregate around the facility before and after play and allow players to exit the court and surrounding area before you enter.
- Court gates should be left ajar to eliminate a high touch area.
- Fountains will not be available – members must bring their own bottled water.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles.
- Play with individuals who are considered to be low risk.
- Singles play requires each player to have their own can of balls clearly marked with their initials to ensure that they are the only person to touch that tennis ball. Each player opens his/her own can and serves only with those tennis balls.
- Juniors must adhere to the same rules and parents are responsible for their children’s adherence. Juniors must check in with Sorin to ensure they understand the rules and get approval to play.
- Proper tennis attire is required.
During and after Play:
– The USTA suggests using new balls for play. We will have balls available for purchase at the Tennis Pro Shop.
– Members must distinguish their balls from neighboring courts. Use a marker if necessary.
– Stay at least 6 feet apart from other players.
- No changing sides of the court – players must remain on same side throughout their entire court time.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks, or towels.
- Benches have been spread out to ensure 6 ft distancing.
- No shaking hands, elbow bumps or other contact between players.
- Use your own racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or your racket.
- Sanitize hands upon exiting the court.
- Members will not handle brooms or sweeping equipment. An effort will be made for staff to sweep when available.