LCC Tennis Guidelines
The following tennis rules have been enacted to maintain social distancing and safe play while allowing members to get some exercise and take part in the tennis season. They are based on USTA guidelines and CT phase 1 reopening.
Court Reservations & Preparing to play:
– Do not play if you are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Reservations are for 30 min up to 1.5 hrs for doubles. Members are asked to be punctual for court time. If a member is over 15 minutes late, the court will be made available for others to play. Reservations are made via on-line system.
- Arrive as close as possible to your booked court time. Please be mindful not to congregate around the facility before and after play and allow players to exit the court and surrounding area before you enter.
- Court gates should be left ajar to eliminate a high touch area.
- Fountains will not be available – members must bring their own bottled water.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles.
- Play with individuals who are considered to be low risk.
- Singles play requires each player to have their own can of balls clearly marked with their initials to ensure that they are the only person to touch that tennis ball. Each player opens his/her own can and serves only with those tennis balls.
- Juniors must adhere to the same rules and parents are responsible for their children’s adherence. Juniors must check in with Sorin to ensure they understand the rules and get approval to play.
- Proper tennis attire is required.
During and after Play: